User interface (UI), first and foremost, is the set of visual elements, pages, and screens, such as icons and buttons. These icons and buttons can make it possible for the person to see the products and services of the companies. While user experience (UX) is considered to be an experience in which the customer has the authority to interact with the company's products or services from every aspect. For most people, it is difficult to understand the difference between the user interface and the user experience. Let's discuss both of them in detail for the purpose of clarifying the attributes that make them different from each other.
What is UI?
In simple words, UI or user interface is referred to anything that users can interact with for using the digital services or products. There are many things that can be used by the user, such as keyboards, screens, sounds, touch screens, and even the laser lights.
In the past, if you want to use the computer system, then you have to go through the line of command. There was no commercial existence of the graphical interfaces that were used today. The only way of communicating with the computer is the programming language. You must have to use the number of codes for a simple and small task.
- The user interface is the pure digital term, and it is the point where the digital devices and the user interact with each other. For example the touch screen on your mobile phone, that will help you to use the mobile phone. The touchpad on the coffee machine is a great example that will allow you to select the kind of coffee according to your choice.
- In this era, the website and the apps take place, and user interface designs will consider the interactivity of the products.
- The more appealing UI design will be, the more people will attract.
- A professional UI designer will focus on the buttons and icons, along with the color schemes that will make attractive designs.
- User interface design is very challenging, and it is responsible for the product's layout, content, and production and making it attractive for the users.
- The purpose of the user interface is to guide the user about the product visually. This will create an intuitive experience for the user so that he will quickly make a decision about the product.
- UI designs are considered to be the assets of the product and the strength of the brand
UI or user interface is referred to anything that users can interact with for using the digital services or products
What is the user experience (UX)?
- The interaction of the user with the company's products or services is termed as the user experience (UX). It focuses on the detailed understanding of the user needs and their limitations.
- The basic purpose of the user experience is to enhance the interaction of the user.
- The user experience design is also used interchangeably with the word usability, and usability is an important aspect of the user experience.
- A UX designer is responsible for the whole process of acquiring and integrating the product. This will include different things, such as design, functions, and usability. All things were done before launching the product for the user experience.
- The products that provide outstanding user experience are designed not only for the sale purpose. They are made for providing the best user experience, for example, the iPhone. The iPhone is specially designed for the experience of its users, the features, and the design each and everything is loved by the users.
- The main purpose of the UX designers is not only to create the product for the sale purpose, and their main focus is to provide the user with the great experience of using their product.
- Every product has different features and designs, and it depends on the choice of the user.
- Sometimes the products are designed to fulfill the needs of the user, besides focusing on the good user experience. The type of user experience depends on the need of the user and the type of the product.
Basically, the user experience is determined by analyzing the interaction of the user with the user interface elements that are created by the user interface designers.
The interaction of the user with the company's products or services is termed as the user experience (UX)
How UI and UX Work Together?
How the user interface is going to work is decided by the user experience designer (UX), whereas how the user interface is viewed is decided by the user interface designer (UI). Both the user experience and the user interface are linked to gathering and formed the collaborated process. Both designers will have to work together in the form of teams to make the product extraordinary. The user experience team will work on the working of the app, the button for the navigation, and check the efficiency of the interface that fulfills the user needs while the user interface team will be working on the interface elements that will appear on the user screen. If there is the point come in the designing process, that it must have some extra buttons on the screen. The adding of the few buttons will require to change the shape and the design of the product to adjust the new button on the keypad. The user experience team will decide the layout design, and the user interface team will be started implementing the design that will fit the new layout. It is the constant process of communication between two teams that will make a good product for the users.
Difference between UX and UI:
It is difficult to understand the difference between UI and UX because they both work together for designing the product. There are some of the basic differences described below.
User experience (UX):
- The user experience deals with the functions and purpose of the product or services.
- The user experience does the market research and has direct contact with the users about their needs.
- User experience focuses on the delivery and the development of the product.
User interface (UI):
- The user interface deals with the quality of interaction between the user and the product.
- The user interface is responsible for the experience of the user after using the product, what he feels, or sees.
- The user interface contains the technical component for designing the product.
All the services can be given by the user interface agency, and most companies hire the user interface agencies for designing their products. They have a team of professionals who know the need of your customers and design the products according to it.