In this article, we’re going to share about the primary value of UX writing, why it’s so essential for your website and how it can affect your business as a result of the website improvement.
Also, some examples of companies around the world that did and do UX writing as needed and how it provided excellent results.
Tips and pieces of advice about implementing well are going to be shared with you.
Everything is waiting just for you in the upcoming article.
The primary value of UX writing in the UX world
The primary value is to align your company messages and atmospheres to the presented content of your website or application.
- Your brand should be identified by the written content like your customer identifies you by seeing your logo.
- When you put effort and invest in your UX writing, you play a crucial role in guiding the users to complete their needs.
- Some examples so you’ll understand to identify good UX writing:
When you get balloons with a chilling message for logging to your banking app. When you get friendly and non-threatening error messages. When you perform a successful deposit in an eCommerce website and get different updates for your delivery. All these examples can show you how important for your users to have a great UX writing.
- Important you to have the effort for UX writing, you can hire a UX writer or to let an agency to handle this job, the importance is to make this done, your users will thank you, and you will benefit from these steps.
Websites that do well UX writing
Starbucks does excellent work. This site adapts itself to you. How? By creating content that touches your heart and finds you the right coffee and product, for whom? You guessed it, for you!
See the below example – ‘Love your drink’ title for sure does something for you, by seeing the attracted images with the apt title and call 2 action – find your espresso, this part does excellent work!
‘Find a Coffee for You’ – see that two words start with a capital letter, coffee and you, these are there for presenting the importance of coffee and you, for your choice. Also, they want to learn your preferences by asking questions and receiving information, from you. Later you will be taken to a page which will have the most suitable coffee types for you, and it’s all done with great writing.
Another site that does a great job is Squarespace, in the below screenshot you may find it combines the message that the image conveys and the displayed content. The ability to leverage an image by selecting and writing content correctly is an excellent job of a UX writer.
Important you to have the effort for UX writing, you can hire a UX writer or to let an agency to handle this job, the importance is to make this done, your users will thank you, and you will benefit from these steps.
Important tips when implementing UX writing:
- Invest in research, don’t move on and create it without having a plan, a strategy that based on in-depth analysis about what would you like to reflect your users.
- Based on that research, you’ll have constructions and customer insights, create content that passionate your products and features.
- You should write a valid copy, together with creativity, to experience your users and make them understand your product and needs.
- It’s better to have multiple people writing UX on one website or product. Why? Because everyone has his or her perspective and, also, everyone specializes in something else that can give added value to your customers.
- Start and measure, launch and test, and so on. Have you developed a new component? It’s great to see how your users respond to the content you’ve written, draw conclusions, improve and improve until you see there are all happy. Do not freeze.
We know that not every organization can recruit a UX writer. Assuming this is the case, it is preferable that one of the staff members of the organization take this responsibility. This is a significant role to make your product or website looking, sounding and converting better.
Like any digital product which is built, UX writing requires planning, strategy, and goals that need to be achieved for the business owner.
Only then check the user experience and the design you created for your site or product and build the content experience that should be. Good luck!